Monday, November 8, 2010

Elder Brown update

Well, guess what, I am getting Transferred! I know, crazy huh? I thought the same thing when I found out that I was leaving. I am being moved to a small town called Hillsboro, TX. I currently do not have my address, but I will send you a letter with it as soon as possible so you can send me letters back. I also am going to be getting a package tomorrow from someone. I'm not sure who it is, but I will get it tomorrow. They couldn't deliver it because the address was wrong. It is a good thing that the USPS lady knows we live at the Feil's and gave me the card saying that they couldn't deliver it.
Oh, and here is what I've so far heard about Hillsboro. It is a town with about 10,000 people. They have a small branch there and they just got a new building. Also it is in the new Waco Stake which was just organized about 4 weeks ago. It is so exciting. So I will be in the southern part of the mission for the next little bit. My new companion is Elder Roberts and he is a Spanish Missionary. So that means that we are in what we call as missionaries, a Zebra. Meaning there is 1 English missionary and 1 Spanish. It is going to be very exciting to do some Spanish work as well. I might even pick up on some Spanish, you never know.
Well, other than that big news, we are also going to be able to start texting tomorrow. Yes Texting, there are lots of rules on it though. President Sagers says that he is going to monitor it heavily and if he sees anyone texting someone that they shouldn't he will get rid of it A.S.A.P. So, yeah, but we can now text people to set up appointments, arrange exchanges, and whatnot. It is so cool, I'm excited!
Well, I am glad that Dad had a good time in Germany and France. I hope he makes it home safely. I also hope that all goes well with Erika and her stuff to get into BYU. Hope all goes well.
I can honestly say that I left this area better than I found it. There are 3 baptisms coming up in November for this area, and I am so happy that I got to be part of it. Hope all goes well this week in Snowy Utah. It is in the low 70's here in Texas. I'm sure that sounds wonderful to y'all in Utah right now. Well, snow would be nice to me it is way too hot to be November. I cannot believe it is November and it is in the low 70's. This just isn't right.
I also have some pictures to send home as well as the Band of Brothers. I hope you like the pictures. They are of a family named the Allen's. Bro Allen is not a member and we were working with him for quite a while. He is a cool guy, just has a lot of problems with the church. Oh well, I'm sure one day he will get baptized..  Hope that y'all have a good week! Love ya!
-Elder Brown

P.S. I just hit my 13 month mark yesterday. WOW!