Thursday, July 15, 2010

Elder Brown update

Hello from Elder Brown in Texas. Well, I am so happy that I can e-mail you again this week. It's so nice to hear what's going on back home. Well, nothing new has happened other than Elder Proctor got his itinerary for flying home on August the 19th. He is way excited. He can't wait. I'm sure that y'all can't wait until that day comes for me too.
Well, other than that, nothing new has happened in missionary work. Although I do want to tell you a story. We got a referral from SLC for this guy named David. So, we called him hoping to get in and teach him. Well, when we got to his house, he invited us in and we sat down and he said that he and his daughter had been at the Manti Pageant. We knew exactly at that point why he invited us over. He then proceeded to try to Bible Bash with us and tried to tell us that we were wrong. Elder Proctor handled the situation perfectly and basically told him that until he reads the Book of Mormon and prays about it, we will not be back to talk to him about the true restored gospel of Jesus Christ. We left his home with those last words and haven't been back since. I am so happy that Elder Proctor was there to handle it. I have learned a lot about what you are supposed to do when someone tries to bash with you. You just bear your testimony, tell the person to read and pray about the Book of Mormon, and then we will talk. He is a awesome companion.
Well, that is my story for the week. I got a letter from Grandma Holly today. She told me all about Pattie and all the fun she is. I can't believe how big she has gotten since I've been gone. I don't know how she will feel when I get home and she sees me for the first time. She might get shy. Oh well...  Thanks for all you do for me.

-Elder Brown