Thursday, July 22, 2010

Elder Brown update

Well, another week has gone by. It has been an interesting week. It has been VERY HOT!!! It got into the 100's for a couple of days. It was so miserable, but I made it through. Elder Proctor goes home at 8:00 a.m. on Aug the 19th. He is getting to the point where he wants to go home, but at the same time he wants to stay. It is a interesting feeling I assume, since I'm not quite there yet. Oh well...
Well, thanks for all the pictures that you sent me. I think Erika looks great in her Senior pictures. Her what?!? Senior Pictures? Already! Wow! Okay, I think I can handle the thought of that. I cannot believe how fast everyone is growing up. Just looking at the family pictures and everything, I am just amazed. I have only been gone for 10 months and everyone is growing up so fast.
Well, onto missionary work. We found this inactive family named the Tankersley's. They are all members, and haven't been to church in a while. They really want to start coming back and they want to feed us sometime. They are a way cool family. I really hope they come to church next Sunday. Also, we found this inactive lady who hasn't been to church in over 6 years and she has 2 not baptized kids who want to get baptized. We committed the kids to read some passages from the B.O.M. and when we came back, they had read those and all of 1 Nephi. They are way ready to get baptized. It is way cool. Well, that is my little update in missionary work for the week.
I am so happy that y'all got to go to my old mission president's homecoming. It sounds like they had a lot of inspired words to say. I can't wait until I can come home and see them again. I bet there were some missionaries who are home now that went to their homecoming.
President Sagers gave us our interviews yesterday. President Sagers is so awesome. He is a very humble man and knows the scriptures in and out. I can't wait for Zone Conference. It will be awesome.
Well, I believe that is all for this week. I haven't received any letters from home lately. Nobody wanting to write anymore? That's okay. I hope that y'all are having a wonderful summer vacation. Have fun at Lagoon and don't forget to drink lots of Water. I have learned that lesson very quickly out here in the field.
Love y'all and talk to you next week.

-Elder Brown