Thursday, July 1, 2010

To the Living Planet Aquarium

Erika came to me and said she was tired of being in the house and wanted to do something.  We called her dad to find out if he was staying late at work and he said yes, so we headed up to Sandy at 5:00 pm to visit the Living Planet Aquarium.  They closed at 7 pm, but that was okay, because we really didn't want to spend more than a hour there.  It was really nice, because there were not alot of people there.  We didn't have to fight the crowds or little kids.  We just walked at our leisure and laughed and took pictures.  We really enjoyed the new penguin exhibit.  We stood there and watched them for at least a half an hour.  It was so cool to watch.  Erika even did the touching pools with the stingrays in it.  She is such a animal lover.  She loves dolphins and the ocean life.  Too bad we don't live closer to the ocean for her to experience more of it.  She will have to get an internship or something to go to San Diego or Florida to be able to do it.  Later, we visited with some family and then picked up something to eat and headed home around 9 pm.  We were eating Panda Express and she had picked up some toothpicks for us.  She asked me if I wanted mine, so I took it.  When I put it in my mouth, I told her it tasted like cinnamon.  She immediately opened hers to taste it.  She was surprised to find out that hers was just a toothpick and realized that I had tricked her.  We had a good laugh about it.  Thanks Erika for making me get up and out of the house.  We both needed the entertainment.