Thursday, July 29, 2010

Elder Brown update

Hey everyone back home. I am here again writing you, and I always love it.  Guess What? I got to go onto the military base here in Fort Worth and get on a jet. It was so awesome! We have a member, his name is Bro. Johnson. He is employed in the military and agreed to take us on base this morning and show us the jets. I got to be on a jet while it was turned on. It was so cool. I didn't get to actually sit inside the jet while it was on, but just to be on it and feel the power of it and see all the buttons and mechanisms in the plane is amazing! I am so surprised at how those people actually fly those. It is way cool. It was so cool to hear the engine and to actually be right next to one while it was turned on. I am sure Dad and Grandpa Doug will be very jealous. I know I said that I am tired of hearing the jets all day long, but it was cool to be right next to it and be on the aircraft while it was running!
Well, now onto missionary work. The married couple we are teaching are doing well. They are happy and are coming to church and loving it. We go and teach them every Sunday night. It is so nice to sit down and talk with them. We also are working with this family named the Tankersley's. They are in-active and want to come back to church. Their 9 year old isn't baptized. So we are working with him to get him ready for baptism. That is pretty much all with that family.
Well, it continues to get hotter and hotter here in Texas. We are supposed to get into the low 100's by Sunday. It is just going to be way too hot. I am so not excited about that. I will be drinking lots and lots and lots of water!
Thanks for all you do for me. Until next week, if I make it through the heat...

-Elder Brown