Well, I am here again writing you an e-mail. I always like it when I can write home to you. Hope all is going well at home.
Well, we had a baptism planned for last Sunday, but it got cancelled. Valerie called us right before Sacrament Meeting and told us that she didn't want to get baptized today because she didn't feel like she was ready yet. So we moved it back. I'm sure Elder Hatch will have something to say to her about that. She is still interested in the gospel and is still learning. We go over often.
Our new mission president actually gets here on the 26th of June, right before board week starts. The old mission president and him talk for about 2 hours then the old one goes home right after that. The new one will start board week that Monday. I believe the first 3 months for a new mission president are the hardest because it is the time for training him on how he is supposed to run the work. I think I would die the first 3 months if I was a new mission president. You have to read a 600 page book on the mission and the mission president book guidelines. Oh well... I'm still excited for him to come in.
WOW! Riley with braces huh. Well tell him that the pain will wear off in the long run. He will have straight teeth and a wonderful smile. Maybe he will still have them on when I get home?
I am so happy for Josh, Laena’s son, and his choice to be baptized. Say Hi to everyone there for me.
Well, I got my first "real" Texas rain storm last night. It was raining so hard that I get drenched in less than 4 seconds. There was a river in the road. We couldn't even cross the road in some places because the water was so high. It was very crazy. Tell our neighbor, Bro. Autrey, that now I know what he means when he says raining cats and dogs. It is very crazy when it rains here. They have canal's in some places because there is so much water that it would instantly close a drainage system if they let that much water go through it.
Well, that is all for this week. Have a wonderful week and thank you for all that you do for me.
-Elder Brown
