



What was I thinking?? I volunteered to make these wedding doll cakes for a co-worker of mine. The 8 small ones weren't too bad, except for having to try and get black frosting. (it was disguisting and running) The big doll cake took alot of time and when we were ready to put the barbie doll in, the back of the cake split. That is why we use doll picks, instead of full barbie's. Then we had to transport all of them to Soldier Hollow in Midway, which was a 45 mintue ride through Provo Canyon. We did alright, as you can see by the pictures, but setting it up was not so fun, especailly since my hands were shaking and the bride cake was melting and sinking into the middle. At this point, I really didn't care what they looked like, I just wanted to be done and go back home. I started making the cakes on Wednesday evening. Decorated the 8 mini cakes all day Thursday and baked the big doll cake on Thursday night until 11 pm. On Friday, I decoarted the wedding doll cake until it was done at 3:00 pm. We had to be at Solider Hollow at 5:00 pm, but we were a little bit late, becasue of the road construction, but Aly & Wyatt didn't mind we were late. So, don't ask me to do a wedding doll cake in the next six month, because I don't want to do any more. It was alot of work and now I understand why people don't like to do it and stop doing it. It was so stressful and crazy and now I am just tired. Thanks anyways Aly for letting me do this for your special day.