

Friday was our Stake Hike's. It started out as a nice overcast day, not too hot or too cold, but half was through the hike's it started to rain, around 11:00 am. Erika led the 1st year hike, and I decided that since it was only 2 miles, that it was the best one for me to do. I made it half way up the hill and decided that I couldn't make it up the hill any more, so I turned around and went back to the camp site. Erika was just hiking and hiking and didin't even wait for me. We had to have our flag ceremony times inside the stake pavillon, because it didn't stop raining all day and it was so muddy and cold. The Bishopric came at around 4 pm and we had a stake fireside inside for a couple of hours and then we had our ward testimony meeting, in the rain still. We were all drenched. We have never had so much hot chocolate at girls camp. We warmed up the water 3 times a day. My assistant leader brought up a whole box of hand warmers, and they were all used on Thursday night, it was that cold. I decided that I am not very happy when I am cold. I had a break down in the middle of the day because I was so tired and cold. I just wanted to be done with the weather and go home and get warm. It was the coldest night ever to sleep. I had my thermals on, my fleece pj's, my jacket with hat, gloves, two pairs of socks with toe warmers on the back and front of my foot, a fleece blanket under me, my fleece snuggie over me and my sleeping bag. I feel asleep wtih my hands under my arm pits to keep them warm and woke up shivering and my hands were asleep from holding them so tight under my arm pits. I have been that cold at girl's camp, especially since it started on Wednesday with the wind comine.