Friday, June 25, 2010

Hiking "Y" Mountain

Today, Erika decided that she and her friend Jared were goingto hike to the "Y" on the mountain.  She could not remember where to go to get to the parking lot to the trail, so we drove up to it in the morning, so she wouldn't get lost later.  I have never been up to this trail and was so amazed at the sight.  The view was incredible and I asked myself, why haven't I been up here, especially since we live right here in Provo, by BYU.  Then I thought, I might not be able to climb up to it anyways, since the last climb up Timpanogos Cave was difficult.  So, I have made a goal to get walking more and walk up to the Y in the next few months, before it gets cold.  Erika says it is a pretty easy hike, but by the looks of the trail map, I questioned it and she also have been running with the track team and runs on the treadmill every day, so she is in better shape than me.  Anyway, Erika and Jared went up at 8 pm and it only took them an hour to get to the top and then they stayed up there to watch the sunset.  Now, that I have to see for sure.