Thursday, June 10, 2010

Elder Brown update

Thanks for all your e-mails. I hope Riley is doing okay with his braces. I remember the first week I had them on I had to eat soft foods because it hurt to eat hard foods. Tell him to hold it out, I know he can.
Well, in missionary work... Our baptismal date still is struggling to decide. Satan is working really hard on her because she has been talking with her friends and neighbors and they all have told her things about our church that are not true. We are trying to help her see that they are not true things about our church and that she should still be baptized. We are working with her though. Irene Flores, a recent convert, has had a tough couple of weeks. Both her and Javier's cars were impounded and they now don't have a car to use. I feel so bad because as a missionary we are not allowed to help them out. We are only allowed to teach them and encourage them. Bro Jones, our Ward Mission Leader has been generous enough to help them out to get their cars out. He is a way cool Ward Mission Leader. He is also very funny.
Everything in the red package I sent home is for y'all. I don't want it. It is free souvenirs that a member gave us from the stockyards. The stockyards is historic downtown Fort Worth. They have shops and food. We went down there on a P-Day and that member owns a souvenir shop and gave us free stuff. What was in that box he gave to me for free and want y'all to have it. Just divide it up evenly to who wants what and it's yours. I would keep the pocket knives, but it is against the rules. So I sent them home. I got the knives from that member.
Oh and one more thing. On Monday morning around 3:30 a.m. some burglars stole my bike and another missionaries bike that he had left there. I forgot to lock it up and they stole it. I was up around 4 a.m. with the White Settlement police filing a report. They said they will try to find it. When I bought it they gave me a serial number and that number has now been reported as stolen by me. So if the burglars decide to Pawn it, they will get caught. It was a very crazy morning. I couldn't sleep at all for the rest of the morning.
That is all that has happened the past week. Crazy huh? Well, I love y'all and I don't look forward to the rain. Apparently when it rains in Texas, it doesn't cool anything down, it actually gets hotter because it bumps up the humidity. AHHHH! Oh well...
Look forward to talking to y'all next week and I love you!
-Elder Brown